The Saint Lucia Air & Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) has made a public announcement about the extension of operating hours at Port Castries & Port Vieux Fort in the holiday season.
As per the announcement, operating hours for the Cargo Sheds will be extended to encourage the clearing & delivery of Cargo on the following dates:
- December 21 to 23, 2022- 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- December 28 to 30, 2022- 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
- December 31, 2022- 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
The SLASPA has further continued with encouraging customers to use the services of the appointment system for clearing of personal effects.
They have further asked that if customer want to book an appointment, customers can direct to website of SLASPA at www.slaspa.com or can directly WhatsApp at 285-1091.
It has also enlisted the number of items that can be provided when booking an appointment:
- Customer Name Identification Card
- Bill of Lading or Delivery Order
- Vehicle Registration for pickup vehicle
- Mobile Telephone
It has further asked that people who are clearing on behalf of consignness make sure to provide an authorization letter alongside copy of the National Identification Card of the consignee. In addition, it also asked for the Identification card of the person transacting business. Whereas, Customers without transportation can obtain this service from operators based at the port.
It has also advised the customers that-
- Book an appointment if you have received your documents from the shipping agents and confirmation that cargo has been destuffed.
- There is free storage time period of 5 business days’ post de-stuffing of which you are advised to clear cargo. After this period of time, rent began to accumulate.
- To pay keen attention to the cargo locations. The appointment system now affords customers the chance to book sheds 6 and 7.
- Customers can directly can or reschedule their appointments through the bottom of their confirmation emails.